Thursday, August 26, 2010

The new pumpkin on the block

Today is a rest day for me. My doctor diagnosed me a bronchitis and a pneumonia. So I've taken the opportunity to make a round of all the blogs I follow. I though it would take 1 hour to do this but, in the end, it took me 3 hours... I guess I follow too much blog :-)



I wanted to build a new paper mache pumpkin for this year. I love paper mache but my talent with it is a bit limited. I just can't shape it exactly the way I want. So this year, I took a different approach and built a pumpkin with Aves paper mache powder. This stuff is exactly what I needed, all you need to do is add water to the powder until you get the consistency you want to work with (in my case, I mix water until it feels like concrete). I'm very happy with the result so far. I wasn't expecting it to look that good.





Compared to the pumpkin I did last year, this really is a good upgrade :-)





Once I'm done with this new pumpkin, I will be building my spider for SpiderFest 2010. I just hope I will get it done on time.

6 comments:

Pam Morris said...

yep, this new punkin' looks great! and hope you get to feeling better very soon!

Johnny Thunder said...

Hope you make a speedy recovery and feel better asap. I like both of those pumpkins! Great job.

The Frog Queen said...

The both look awesome. Someday I am going to try mache....someday!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

DanMonsterMan said...

Fantastic pumpkins! Both of them! Congratulations!

halloween spirit said...

Love the pumpkin! Hope you're feeling better. Nothing like thoughts of Halloween to speed recovery along :)

Mr. Macabre said...

So sorry that you're sick! Get to feeling better soon!

I love seeing people's evolutions of their craft! Both look great!


Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters

Awards