Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tadam!

Witch stirring a cauldron

Yep! I'm done with the stirring witch project. At least for this year. She looks good enough to be part of my display. Not bad for my third hand made prop. For the completion of this work, I have some thanks to do. Here we go:


Thanks to:



  • My wife for supporting my constant babbling about this project;

  • My father for providing me with some tips on how to place the wiper motor that makes the head of the witch turn;

  • My father and mother in-law for providing me the fabrics and the wood necessary to dress and assemble the witch and the cauldron;

  • My brother in-law for giving me the barrel I used to build the cauldron;

  • My coworker Billy for giving me the steel bar I needed to fix the stirring stick to the wiper motor of the cauldron;


Thinking of it, there is still one thing missing for this year. A good sound fx I could loop on a mp3 player so the trick'r treater can hear the cauldron bubbling. I found some on the web but they don't loop very well. If anyone knows where I can get one, that would be great.



I also completed sooner this week the skull with a pillar candle that will ornate the table on which the ingredients bottles and the spell book of the witch will be displayed. I have a small problem with the led tea light not being bright enough. But I can surely fix that by buying some on eBay. But since I'm not sure to get them on time for Halloween, I'll keep the cheap ones I bought on the dollar store for this year.


Skull pillar candle holder

Next post: Mr Jack and Autumn themed grocery bags!

14 comments:

Mr.Macabre said...

She looks absolutely wicked! Love her! Wonderful work!

The Captain said...

She looks great! I'll check all my sound effect files this weekend and see if I have a good bubbly one for you.

Diane said...

both look great! super job!

The Frog Queen said...

That is so cool! What an amazing prop!! I just love witches!

Email me if you need help with the sound file...I can get husband on that....he handle all our sound and is a wizard in Audacity.

Cheers!

Jenandollie said...

Looking good. Did you make the skull with candle too? I can only hope my witch turns out this good!

As for the bubbling have you got an email address I could send a file too? I 've got a soundtrack, not too sure if its any good but its yours if you want it.

FULL MOON INDUSTRIES said...

It looks bad-ass with the green light, and fog running!
Respect~
FMI☠

halloween spirit said...

She looks wonderfully creepy. Nice work!

PumpkinBrain said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Thanks also for all your help proposal, if you have a file you want to share with me, you can send it at this address: icegaze@pumpkinbrain.com

Have a nice evening and a great weekend!

The Captain said...

I sent over some audio you might be able to use.

PumpkinBrain said...

Thank you Captain! Your audio files rocks!

ShellHawk said...

I'm not jealous that you're done and I just had to rebuild my structure from the waist up 'cause I hated it.
Nope.

Jenandollie said...

I have been trying to email you the soundtrack but can't seem to get it to work, will ask the Fella when he comes home at the weekend to do it for you.

jen

PumpkinBrain said...

Jenandollie, thank you for trying to send me your file. Maybe it doesn't work because your file is larger than the space available in my email account. It should work if you send the file to me by using this site: http://www.yousendit.com

Have a nice day!

PumpkinBrain said...

Don't worry ShellHawk, I'm sure you will get her the way you want. And I'm also sure she will look better than mine :-)


Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters

Awards