Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pumpkin mache

Here are picture of my first paper mache pumpkin. It's nothing compared to those made by Stolloween but I'm really happy with the result. The next step will be to paint it using the way described by Stolloween. I can't wait to see the final result! I will be posting pictures when it will be done.







I had some time today to work on my stirring witch too. I almost finalized the cauldron with the stirring mechanism. The only parts missing for the cauldron is the wooden stick and the pipe for the fog machine. I should be done with it this week.

5 comments:

halloween spirit said...

Looks like you're off to a great start! Love the face on this guy :)

Mr.Macabre said...

Ohhh, very cool! I love paper mache and and so glad it's making a comeback.
Looking forward to your witch/cauldron!

ShellHawk said...

Great work! I'm not sure what your plans for the interior of the pumpkin are, but you could spray paint the inside with day-glo orange (after a primer coat of white, of course!). It really shows when you light it up!

PumpkinBrain said...

Thanks for the hint ShellHawk. I will give it a try. I will be posting pictures when the paint is finished!

The Frog Queen said...

Love it. Nothing says Halloween like a pumpkin. Thanks for sharing!!


Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters

Awards