Thursday, May 14, 2009

First pumpkin completed!

I must confess that this is not really the first pumpkin I made. In fact, I started another pumpkin before this one but I did a mistake. I used natural clay to create details on the pumpkin and unfortunately, the clay cracked everywhere. So I tried to repair the damage by filling the cracks with more clay using water to shape it. It was a very big mistake, the paper absorbed the water and has become so soft that the pumpkin deformed. Rather than trying to salvage my work again, I decided to put my first pumpkin in the trash and start over from scratch. Here is the result of my second pumpkin.



Papier mache pumpking by PumpkinBrain
Papier mache pumpking by PumpkinBrain

Now that my pumpkin is complete, I will be able to concentrate on my stirring witch. The ABS pipe frame of the witch is completed and the cauldron too. Now I have to build her head. I think I'm going to user papier mache to build it.



Before continuing the witch, I think I'll take a small break this evening. A good martini would not hurt ... or maybe a pink elephant ... we'll see!



Good evening to all!

3 comments:

Mr.Macabre said...

Very nice!

Hmmmmmmm, a gin martini sounds good to me.

halloween spirit said...

Looks great! I think I've learned more from my mistakes than from my successfully completed projects :)

The Frog Queen said...

Great piece! You are all setting the bar high form my first attempt at paper mache :)

Cheers!


Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters

Awards