Monday, April 13, 2009

The week of discoveries

I discovered cool things last week while browsing the website of other yard haunter. They all do very cool haunt, I thrive to become like them in the years to come.


By browsing the Frog on a pumpkin blog, I learned about Hauntcast, a podcast for yard haunter and halloween enthusiast. I listened to all the podcasts they did and learned about Stolloween who use paper mache to build is props. Looking at his website, I found that you can do cool props for halloween. And guess what! I decided to build my first paper mache pumpkin this week-end. I just finished applying the second layer of paper mache a couple of minutes ago. When the pumpkin will be completed, I will be posting the final result on my blog if it is not a complete disaster ;-) After all, I am a programer analyst so I'm far more better with computer than paper mache and acrylic paint.


Last cool thing I heard about in the past week was the Monster Guts online shop. This is a site that sells online stuff for professionnals and home haunters. Browsing through their inventory, I came across wiper motor kits that are ready to use. As I said in my previous post, I am starting my stirring witch project so this kit was definitively what I needed so I bought one.


I am posting here the links to all this wonderfull and resourcefull website:


3 comments:

The Frog Queen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love sharing with other haunters. I have not checked out the Monster Guts website. I will have to do that.

Post pictures soon! I love to see what other people are doing!

Cheers!

DeadmansLog said...

Can't wait to see how your pumpkin turns out! Paper mache prop-building is tons of fun.

You should check out the following sites if you haven't already... lots of good ideas:

www.TheMadLab.comwww.HauntSpace.com

PumpkinBrain said...

I am now a new member of the HauntSpace community. Thanks to you.

It is amazing to see how many people are halloween lovers. Thanks to the Internet, we can talk and exchange ideas with them through blog, emails, etc... All my coworkers think I'm crazy. Now I know I'm not :-)


Hauntcast - Radio for Haunters

Awards